Thursday, January 20, 2011

Giant Coffee and KMK



This will be the new Treta from Starbucks. It is a 31 oz. plastic cup designed to hold iced coffee, iced tea, or iced tea lemonade. 31 oz. is ridiculous; I don't think anyone can finish that in one sitting without having to pee incessantly. I also recently read on a blog (OC Weekly) that Starbucks plans to alter their logo, and rebrand themselves without the coffee moniker. The article said that Starbucks is thinking of expanding their products to items other than coffee.

I could care less about Starbucks because I don't think their coffee is very good. They are just a HUGE chain, and unfortunately one of the few coffee options that are local to where I'm living right now. There are many more quality, and privately owned coffee shops in the Bay Area, which I am proud to be patrons of. When I order a coffee from Starbucks, I don't expect much, and it is often watered down. I often opt to brew my own coffee at home using grounds from Weaver's Coffee, Peet's, or Philz's Coffee. Starbucks is Starbucks, and as long as I have a gift card or for some reason I can't brew my own coffee, Starbucks will have to be my go to.

This past weekend, I participated in KMK, which is a private review group, which presents and summarizes the material test on the National Boards Exam for Optometry (NBEO). It was a grueling 4 days (Friday to Monday) averaging 8 hours each day. I'm glad I did it because it was definitely helpful, and it painted a good picture of what to expect. But I was definitely exhausted. My week isn't over yet, but yeah it's game time.

I'm realizing that I'm quickly approaching a time in my life where I need to make significant decisions in how I plan to live out my life. The key is "how I plan" and not how God has planned my life. I definitely need to rely on His sovereignty, and trust that He knows what's best. I still make decisions, but I need to make them based off the wisdom provided in the Bible. I want to have a successful and fulfilling life, but that isn't all about me. It's about a life that worships God as well, and I need to figure out what that is for me.

No comments: