Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fullerton

Weight today 183 @ 9:02 AM

Since returning to Fullerton after the holiday break, it's been rough emotionally adjusting to the setting. The drive back to Fullerton took 12.5 hours this past Sunday. Not only was it the traffic, but the weather was especially horrible, with snow and icy roads. I was at my wits throughout the trip, but I was lucky that a classmate was riding with me. In a way it was an experience, but definitely something I do not look forward to ever again. But's it's nice to know that I can endure such a long time behind the wheel.

I've since adopted a "job" mentality about being here in Fullerton. I have good friends, and admire many of the staff doctors at school, but I don't see myself enjoying Fullerton, as much as I used to. I like the freedom and independence that I have and that is needed to get by and get around while I'm living here. However, I can't say I don't feel a certain emptiness just sitting in class and going through the motions while I'm in Fullerton, and in the optometry program. I don't want to say I've lost interest in optometry. I enjoy it, and the process. I'm leaning towards the fact that I'm doing all this away from home.

Seeing my friends and my family always make it hard knowing that I'm not close enough to be involved in their lives, and for them to be as involved as mine. I know I have a similar post lamenting my situation at the same time last year, but I guess it's just a reoccurring thought. I'm blessed to have the opportunity that I have, but I'm always wanting to know why God sent me to Fullerton.

No comments: