Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 1 done

So I survived Day 1, it was mainly completing a online education course about human rights while conducting research.  It was a rehash of a lot that I covered in ethics at SCCO, such as confidentiality, informed consent, research design on human subjects, and conflicts of interest.

I met one of the O.D. that I will be working with for the first month, and learned that I'll get some training and familiarity with some corneal topography equipment (front surface of the eye), and learn a bit about orthokeratology (reshaping the front of you eye with contact lenses).  I'm excited.  I was just drained from looking at the computer monitor all day, and I work in the basement of the optometry building, so there are no windows...bummer.

Day 2...here I come.

No comments: