Friday, July 18, 2008

Mission Complete

I can say that I am done with my pre-requisite classes for optometry school. I finished my final today around 10:15 AM. I also paid for and submitted my request to send the transcript for the course to SCCO, and my home address. The final was fair in the beginning and at the end, but in the middle it was pretty tough. Overall the questions were not too detail oriented, but were comprehensive. I am just glad that I am finished, and can not focus on other things. Hopefully I can divide my time up between relaxing, reading, video games, drawing, etc.

Something that has been on my mind lately has been starting school. I am afraid that I might have a hard time balancing socializing and studying. I already am living with family, so my "home" study space will be separate. I do not want to get trapped into building friendships too much, when I should be studying. From my experience in college, I have had the habit where I spent time hanging out and getting to know people, and also investing my time in "bigger" causes and neglecting my studies (it was one of my excuses in one of my personal statements). I know my personality likes to observe and apply what I see to situations, and see how I can improve things, or turn them around. I also like to envision big projects or things that can be done, but that involves investing a lot of time, something which I may not have a lot of when I need to start studying for my profession. Hopefully moving into a new environment, and making new friends, I will be able to prioritize.

No comments: