Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Learned my lesson

I tried to cancel my membership to Bally's Total Fitness today, and was told that I can only cancel if I moved to a place where a Bally's was farther than 25 miles from where I would be living, or I have a medical condition that prevents me from excercising. I wanted to cancel the membership because when I move to Southern California, I will have the opportunity to sign up to use the CSU Fullerton Rec Center.

A part of it is my fault for jumping the gun when I signed up for the the membership. I did not listen to my mom, and thought I knew what I was doing by signing the contract. I signed up for a 36-month membership. So I currently have $875 still due on my account. I am trying to figure out how to get out of the membership, or contemplating paying my membership in full. I am also looking into transferring the membership to my dad, so maybe he can use the rest of the 2 years remaining, while I am in Fullerton.

Something I noticed in my personality is that I do not like being wrong, or being told that I am wrong. I do not like making mistakes that I could have avoided. I could have avoided this scenario. I am more mad at myself than anything, and I wish it would just work itself out, but that does not happen in real life. As and adult, I just have to face the financial consequences and learn from my actions.

If you do not like making mistakes, then take the time necessary to avoid them. It is better to take my time than to rush into things. As much as I learn from mistakes, I just feel embarrassed, when I make them, when I should know better.

No comments: