Friday, January 1, 2010

Whaddup 2010!

I was looking at my previous post in 2008 about celebrating the new year and reminiscing about 2007. It's crazy how that was 2 years ago. I didn't have a post in 2009, but my goals for 2008 are kind of similar. I guess I'm just like everyone else where we have persistent goals that we procrastinate about.

After reflecting on 2009, and just being home for the past 2 weeks, I'm realizing what is missing in my life, and that's my relationship with God. Everything has been fine in '09 except for my relationship with God, and I'm thinking if I concentrate on that everything else will fall into place. Since I've graduated from Davis, I've been occasionally going to church, nothing consistent. My schedule and demands in graduate school also make it difficult to sacrifice time to get plugged in to a church whether it be in the Bay Area or in So Cal. I realize that I will have random ups and downs, and often its not anyones' fault but using a cliche I just feel that there is something missing.

I feel like I should be happy since I'm with family, and things are going well, but I'm not. I know my relationship with God is there, but it's not where it should be and I think that's why my focus is on what's missing and not what I have. It's sad coming home, and just spending a majority of my time in my parents' house. I have friends, though most of them are in the South Bay. It's just hard wanting to go out and do something, but just not feeling up to it, and my parents aren't very adventurous at their age. I guess it comes down to having more friends that are nearby, or more convenient to meet up with. The question is where does that come from? The church.

I'm not saying that I would attend church purely to make new friends, but that's the solution to all my problems. Building up my relationship with Christ will balance out the rest of my life. So it's not that I'm not happy, but I know where I'm struggling in life and 2010 is time for action.

This is my BIGGEST goal in 2010, and my biggest expectation. My next post will have other minor expectations, less monumental ones.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i missed three posts!! O_O! so 2010... the year we blog more AND tweet more. whaddya say? ;)