Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Back from Fullerton

So I just got back from my trip in Fullerton for my interview at SCCO. It was a long trip after my interview. The interview finished around 3:45, and my family and I got to the airport at 4:15. Our flight wasn't until 8 PM. So we sat at the gate for the entire time. I didn't get home until about 11 PM. From Oakland, we took the shuttle to the BART, and from there my uncle picked us up and gave us a ride home.

Upon coming home, I found out that someone had hit the rear bumper of my car. It was a pretty big impact because the right and left sides of the bumper were sticking out. I was pretty mad to come home to that. Other than that I am pretty tired, and I found out that my two new co-workers will probably not be working with me. One of them decided to pursue medical school, and will be leaving at the end of this week, and the other is taking the OAT prep course, and plans not to work additional hours until after the class. That schedule doesn't look too good for my manager, so she'll probably ask to let her go.

So there are interviews for new co-workers in the next two weeks. I should also hear back about whether I got accepted from SCCO by this coming Monday afternoon. My work schedule won't get any easier especially with the girls leaving, which means retraining the new hires. Well hopefully, I will work with a better attitude, so far I've had a pretty good attitude towards work. I guess after hearing that message two Sunday's ago about judging and equality that I have a different perspective about others, and don't let the stress levels reach maximum capacity.

SCCO definitely looked better in person than it did in the pictures online. The facilities look top-notch, and I'm excited about the possibility of attending the school. Any way, maybe I'll type about it later, but I'm pretty tired, and I will be working today. Till next time.

1 comment:

alexthegirl said...

Optometry school, watch out for Matty! :)